World Wide Alliance of Top Level Domain-names
Vacancy: wwTLD Secretariat
Posted 7 September 2003
Initial term: 8 weeks contract, starting immediately.
Created in 1998 and funded by country code top level domain registries
(ccTLDs), the World Wide Alliance of Top Level Domain-names registries
(wwTLD) provides a forum to professional information
exchange and to discuss technical and policy matters affecting ccTLDs.
The wwTLD organize ccTLD meetings and trainings, usually within ICANN
frame. We also collect information and document the practices of
ccTLDs, coordinate collaborative efforts of translations when necessary,
and are promoting and encouraging the provision of better
professional services for users amongst ccTLDs world wide.
The Rules of Procedure for the Administration Committee of the wwTLD
define role of the AdCom and of the wwTLD Secretariat.
We are looking for a wwTLD Secretariat.
Initially we offer a short term (8 weeks) contract. The ccTLD meetings in Carthage, Tunisia, end of October 2003, will address longer term position.
Reporting to the Administration Committee, the primary duties will
- Organizing meetings and trainings for ccTLD managers in
conjunction with ICANN ones.
- Getting sponsors for meetings and training seminars.
- Drafting agendas, coordinating with speakers. Drafting summary
of meetings. Providing documents for meetings when appropriate.
- Coordinating with regional ccTLD organizations. Assisting in
gathering and documenting information on registry policies and
- Giving wwTLD's Secretariat reports of activity at international meetings.
- Publishing ccTLD documents on the wwtld.org website.
The function requires:
- Education to degree level.
- Enthusiastic self-starter.
- Solid technical foundation in computer communications and the
Internet. The wwTLD uses mailing lists and its website to
communicate and publish information.
- Proven ability in TCP/IP and DNS, with a good understanding of
UNIX and HTML. A good knowledge in preparing HTML documents
for UNIX website and organizing them within the website.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Capability to work under stress, long hours during meetings.
There are no conditions on place of work of the individual operating
the wwTLD Secretariat function, it might be an office within regional
ccTLD organization, it might be a home office.
Applications should be sent only electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for this vacancy is the 10 September 2003.
© ccTLD Managers
Page updated : 2003-09-07 23:28:18