wwTLD/ccTLD

wwTLD/ccTLD list archives

[cctld-discuss]

[cctld-discuss] Procedure, Straw poll, selection of European candidate, 3rd member of the ccNSO Launching Group

  • To: <ga@centr.org>, <cctld-discuss@wwtld.org>
  • Subject: [cctld-discuss] Procedure, Straw poll, selection of European candidate, 3rd member of the ccNSO Launching Group
  • From: "Alf Hansen" <alf.hansen@uninett.no>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 00:50:47 +0200
  • Sender: cctld-discuss-admin@wwtld.org

Dear European ccTLD Manager,

On behalf of the two European members of the ccNSO Launching Group (Bart
Boswinkel and myself), I am with this message starting to implement the
procedure to select the third European member of the ccNSO Launching
Group.

The procedure has been accepted in general by the CENTR Excom.

1) There has been a call for "Expression of interest" expiring July 18
2003.

2) There has been received more than one expression of interest from the

   European region. The following persons have expressed their interest:

   Olivier Guillard (appointed to represent AFNIC)
   .fr ccTLD

   Nigel Roberts
   .gg ccTLD
   Member, wwtld AdCom (Europe)

   Petr Kral
   .cz ccTLD

   Jimmy Imossi
   .gi ccTLD   (will appoint someone to represent them)

   Arno Ahornegger
   Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration

3) Every ccTLD manager in the Europen region are invited to express his
or her
   preference to me (with a copy to Bart) by email before the end of
Friday this week,
   July 25 2003 2400 CET. The invitation is sent to the CENTR GA- and
the
   ccTLD-discuss-lists.

4) I will count the votes and votes cast.
   Bart is on vacation, but he will check my counting when he is back).
   The candidate with most votes
   will be the preferred candidate. A condition is that at least 15
ccTLD
   managers from the European region have made their preferences clear.
   If this is not the case, Bart and I (the two existing European
members of
   the ccNSO Launching Group) reserves the possibility to appoint a
   member from the list of candidates ourselves.

I will distribute the ballot in my next message. The straw poll will be
handled manually.

Thank you,

Alf Hansen
on behalf of the two European members of the ccNSO Launching Group.