wwTLD/ccTLD

wwTLD/ccTLD list archives

[cctld-discuss]

Re: [centr-ga] RE: [cctld-discuss] Ballot, Straw poll, selectionof European candidate, 3rd member of the ccNSO Launching Group

  • To: Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap@sidn.nl>
  • Subject: Re: [centr-ga] RE: [cctld-discuss] Ballot, Straw poll, selectionof European candidate, 3rd member of the ccNSO Launching Group
  • From: Paul M Kane <Paul.Kane@nic.ac>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:07:31 +0100
  • CC: Chris Disspain <ceo@auda.org.au>, cctld-discuss@wwtld.org, "'CENTR GA'" <ga@centr.org>
  • Sender: cctld-discuss-admin@wwtld.org

Hi Jaap

Jaap Akkerhuis wrote:

>    The new ICANN region the list is larger now - (see below) and CENTR
>    staff are trying hard to update the IANA database information with
>    current accurate information - this is taking some time due to the
>    number of errors in the IANA database.
>
>Interesting, I never new that CENTR could update "that IANA database".

The _information_ held in the IANA database.
Obviously the database itself is under ICANN's control.  You may be
aware the ccTLD community has been trying to get the IANA/ICANN to make
its processes more responsive (and therefore accurate) to the ccTLD
Registry requirements so that IANA can update and maintain the accuracy
of the database serving this community.

>How does it decide that there might be an error for, say, .nl?

Identifying the manager for NL is not a problem as the manager is known
to CENTR directly. However the staff at CENTR are working hard to
contact every ccTLD Registry entered in the IANA database (for "new"
Europe accrding to ICANN) where emails to the Admin Contact bounces,
then they study the web site/directory enquiries and telephone the
Registry directly to establish the contact details of the Registry
Manager - by fax if necessary.

Hope this clarifies

Best

Paul