wwTLD/ccTLD

wwTLD/ccTLD list archives

[cctld-discuss]

[cctld-discuss] Re: [centr-ga] ccNSO Launching Group

  • To: Nigel Roberts <nigel@isles.net>
  • Subject: [cctld-discuss] Re: [centr-ga] ccNSO Launching Group
  • From: Paul M Kane <Paul.Kane@nic.ac>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:37:13 +0100
  • CC: ccnso-launching-group@icann.org, cctld-discuss@wwtld.org, ga@centr.org
  • Sender: cctld-discuss-admin@wwtld.org

Nigel

I cannot speak for the Launching Group but we in Europe plan to be
conducting elections should there be more than one candidate submitted
to ICANN for the European Region.

I cannot explain the delay in ICANN giving us the names of the
candidates but please rest assured we will endeavour to conduct an open,
free and fair election as soon as possible for the whole European Region
(we have the mailing list prepared) once we have the information from
ICANN and I am optimistic ICANN (and the Launching Group) will want to
ensure the Launching Group has elected representatives from the regions
to obtain its legitimacy/support.

Please do not jump to conclusions - this is ICANN "2" - a new chapter .....

Best

Paul
Chairman
CENTR