wwTLD/ccTLD

wwTLD/ccTLD list archives

[cctld-discuss]

[cctld-discuss] ccNSO Launching Group

  • To: ccnso-launching-group@icann.org
  • Subject: [cctld-discuss] ccNSO Launching Group
  • From: Nigel Roberts <nigel@isles.net>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:39:06 +0100
  • CC: cctld-discuss@wwtld.org, ga@centr.org
  • Sender: cctld-discuss-admin@wwtld.org

Folks:

I understood (as a possible candidate myself for the CCNSO Launching
Group in Europe) that the deadline for submission of expressions of
interest was 18th July.

After that time, I expected the names of those who have expressed
interest to be made public immediately in order for the Regions may
conduct elections to insure open, bottom up and transparent selection.

I am concerned that three days after the closing of this list that this
has not yet happened -- and that as a result the Regions may not be able
to conduct free and  fair elections in the short timescale now left
available.

It would be most unfortunate if the embryonic ccNSO was hobbled by
dropping the ball at this stage after we have all worked so hard over
many years to reach agreement with ICANN.

Can I have an update on what is happening, please??