wwTLD/ccTLD

wwTLD/ccTLD list archives

[cctld-discuss]

[cctld-discuss] Re: GG vote

  • To: Nigel Roberts <nigel@isles.net>
  • Subject: [cctld-discuss] Re: GG vote
  • From: Nigel Roberts <nigel@isles.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:40:53 +0100
  • CC: alf.hansen@uninett.no, bart@sidn.nl, cctld-discuss@wwtld.org
  • Sender: cctld-discuss-admin@wwtld.org

Alf:

While it doesn't affect the votes of my ccTLD managers (who have kindly
decided to vote for me!), I don't think this election process is
particularly fair or transparent on some of the other candidates who are
not well known from participation in ICANN meetings.

In fact, out of the list of five there is more than one name that I
myself do not recognise.

In all fairness, /all/ of candidates should be given the opportunity to
put out a resume and a statement of their views.

Otherwise those of us who are better known from the ICANN process have
an unfair advantage.

The votes should also be counted by an independent 3rd party IMHO as we
have always done in the past.

Nigel