  • To: cctld-discuss@wwtld.org
  • Subject: [cctld-discuss] wwtld.org Move Completed
  • From: Kim Davies <kim@centr.org>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:44:07 +0200
  • Sender: cctld-discuss-bounces+elisabeth.porteneuve=cetp.ipsl.fr@wwtld.org

Dear all,

The relocation of wwtld.org has been completed. (Although, some caches
may store the old IP address for a little while yet.)

The website is at http://www.wwtld.org/ or http://wwtld.nic.mx/

I needed to make one change to the configuration for cctld-discuss,
which may impact some of you. It is clear that wwtld.org is being
inundated by the SoBig.F worm. One attempt to send its payload to this
list is being made every few seconds, which is taking up alot of resources.

As a result, we are implementing filters to try and stop it. I have
turned off moderation of non-subscribers until September 10, which means
that those who wish to post to the list from an address different from a
subscribed address will not be able to. This will just be a temporary
measure until the onslaught stops.

If you notice any other problems please let me know.

Thanks!

kim

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index