[nameserver-ws] Agenda and content of ccTLD Name Server Training in Rio

From: Abhisak Chulya (abhisak@wwtld.org)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 10:52:32 EST

Dear all:

To make this a successful TWO-DAY training, we would like to ask all of you
to give us your feedbacks on the content and agenda as follows:

CONTENT:
a) Basic DNS - Introduction, Troubleshooting, Delegations in Forward DNS,
Reverse DNS
b) Advance DNS - DNSSEC, RNDC, TSIG, Dynamic updates
c) DNS Registries - Overview, Meta Issues, Data Storage, Interaction,
Performance.
d) Server Management and Security

Hands-on:
e) BIND - Signing zone file, Signing TSIG Key
f) SRS - Implementation SRS

For detailed curriculum of (b) and (c), please go to:
http://www.wwtld.org/nameserver/curriculum.html

DRAFT AGENDA:

ccTLD Name Server Training (Day one)
08:30 - 09:00 Registration
09:00 - 10:30 DNS Registries (c)
10:30 - 11:00 Tea Break
11:00 - 12:30 Server Management and Security (d)
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch Break
14:00 - 15:45 Basic DNS (a)
15:45 - 16:00 Tea Break
16:00 - 17:30 Hands-on SRS (f)

ccTLD Name Server Training (Day two)
09:00 - 10:30 Advance DNS (b)
10:30 - 11:00 Tea Break
11:00 - 12:30 Advance DNS (b) cont'
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch Break
14:00 - 15:30 Hands-on BIND (e)
15:30 - 16:00 Tea Break
16:00 - 17:30 ccTLD Roundtable Discussion by Bart McKay of Verisign

Here is the format for the above agenda and this format derived from our
experience in Shanghai:
For two-day training:

Day 1:
Morning: Lecture (c) + Lecture (d) + Hands-on SRS
Afternoon: Lecture (a)

Day 2:
Morning: Lecture (b)
Afternoon: Hands-on BIND

If you can find any Spanish speakers, we can insert them in the above
agenda. But if we can not find appropriate Spanish speakers, we will go
with Bill Manning, Joe Abley and YangWoo Ko with translator provided by the
local host if possible.

Please let me know if this would fit into your idea.

Best regards,
Abhisak Chulya