[nameserver-ws] Re: [nameserver-tech] RE: [Cctld-adcom] Agenda and content of ccTLD Name Server Training in Rio

From: Sebastian Castro (secastro@nic.cl)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 10:57:28 EST

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 10:35:13PM +0400, Yann Kwok wrote:
> Abhisak,
>
> > Regarding new topics, the agenda is only a draft. Please we all think
> > that we should talk about Enum or IDN, I can set it up and invite
> > expert to discuss tecnical issues.

Hi all:

I'm one of the members of this mailing list living in Latin America. I
work as DNS administrador at .CL ccTLD.

I'm greatly interested in attending the workshop, because I was unable
to go to Shangai. The definitive answer is in my boss hands :)

> It would be useful if some of the other members can provide feedback
> as to what content should be included in the training workshops, so
> that it can be more specific towards their needs.

In my personal opinion, will be very useful training covering TSIG,
DNSSEC and operational considerations (server maintenance, Internet link
redundancy, disaster recovery plans, etc). Thinking about the other
"colleagues" in Latin America, would be useful topics about typical
operation mistakes and service monitor.

I hope we could find contacts with other technical people, because
sometimes we have some communication problems to cooperate.