World Wide Alliance of Top Level Domain-names
ccTLD ICANN Meetings in Marina del Rey
ccTLD report on security-related activities during November 2001 ICANN meeting.
- 1.0 The ccTLD constituency met over a three day period in Marina Del Rey, California, 11 November to 14 November, 2001.
- 2.0 We held three sessions on security.
- 2.1 "Special workshop on Internet stability and Security"
Presented and led by Kilnam Chon
- 2.2 "The DNS after 11 September 2001"
Presented and led by Jaap Akkerhuis
- 2.3 "Shared name secondary name server for ccTLD registries"
Presented and led by Sabine Dolderer
- 3.0 In the wrap-up session of 14 November, we developed action items and established working groups for the following matters:
- 3.1 Relations with IANA, establishment of emergency procedures for updates to IANA database due to a ccTLD primary nameserver going off-line as a result of some catastrophic event, and agreement between ccTLD and IANA on appropriate secure, reliable authentication system for messages concerning such updates. Also, the need for a 24X7X365 method for accessing a human at IANA, mobile phone or pager, that is an alternative to e-mail.
- 3.2 Development of a ccTLD security "Best Practices" document, including both traditional references to RFCs and new, current proactices that may be used as a model for individual ccTLDs to adopt.
- 3.3 Development of the concepts of, and facilitation of implimentation of, a shared ccTLD back-up/secondary server system.
- 4.0 We also received a 10 point document from a member that we agreed could form a basis for future discussion.
The document will be posted separately.
© ccTLD Managers
Page updated : 2003-05-26 19:36:15