World Wide Alliance of Top Level Domain-names
ccTLD ICANN Meetings in Shanghai
APTLD MEETING AT SHANGHAI
26 October 2002
RESOLUTION ON IDN
Internationalised Domain Names (IDN) went through the standardisation process at IETF which approved publication of four proposed standards.
APTLD recognises the need of co-ordination on IDN, in particular in its localisation and global deployment.
APTLD specifically recommends that the global Internet community undertakes the following:
- Development of Issues List
- Development of Recommended Best Practices
- Creates archives of various resources from around the world
- Undertake public relations effort, including outreach
APTLD further recommends all stakeholders to co-ordinate on this matter, especially the ccTLD community which includes all language communities in the world.
APTLD specifically recommends:
- THAT the ccTLD Constituency (ccSO) to form IDN Working Groups to address issues for various language groups
- THAT the global Internet community have regular fora among various stakeholders to co-ordinate activities starting with information exchanges.
See Appendix for the relevant organisations working on IDN activities and their archive.
APPENDIX - PARTIAL LIST OF ORGANISATIONS INVOLVED IN IDN
- IETF/IDN WG www.ietf.org
- ICANN/IDN Ctte www.icann.org
- DNSO/IDN WG www.dnso.org
- APTLD www.aptld.org
- CDNC www.cdnc.org
- JPNIC www.jpnic.org
- JDNA www.jdna.jp
- KRNIC www.krnic.or.kr
- TWNIC www.twnic.org.tw
- CNNIC www.cnnic.org.cn
- MINC www.minc.org
- AINC www.ainc.org
© ccTLD Managers
Page updated : 2003-05-25 00:36:11