During the ccTLD IDN TF workshop, meeting in Taipei on Feb. 25, 2002, there was general agreement on the following issues related with IDNs:
- Information exchange about experiments and the experience on services is needed.(e.g., CJK model)
- In respect for the IETF standards, xn-- needs to be blocked universally at all levels of domain names under the jurisdiction of TLDs.
- Registration Policies should be determined by the respective TLDs
- User requirements should be addressed, not only in registration but also in resolution.
- Sensitivity to the multilingual and multicultural community's requirements is needed.
- Interoperable implementation of IDNs need to be coordinated globally by test coordinators.
- Formation and deployment of variant tables in respective languages need to be consulted amongst all of its users.(e.g., CJK Mapping)
- DRP issue needs further discussion.
- The charter of the ccTLD IDN TF was accepted.