wwTLD/ccTLD

wwTLD/ccTLD list archives

[cctld-adcom]

[cctld-adcom] Eventually the Trust Bank account for ccTLD is open

  • To: cctld-adcom@wwtld.org
  • Subject: [cctld-adcom] Eventually the Trust Bank account for ccTLD is open
  • From: Elisabeth Porteneuve <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:25:16 +0200 (MET DST)
  • Sender: cctld-adcom-admin@wwtld.org

Dear Adcom Colleagues,

It always takes time ... but now it is reality.
The Trust Bank account for ccTLD have been open
by Nigel Roberts at Schroders Channel Islands.

The fundamental conditions for opening it was
(1) have a legal possibility -- Trust account is possible
within some legislations; (2) have at least two signatories
for the account -- i.e. every expense must be signed by
at least 2 persons, which are recorded at the bank, cf.
http://www.wwtld.org/mailarchive/new/cctld-adcom/0308.html
Just be sure that two persons have signatures for the account.
-- Oscar.

I am signatory on that account.
To do so, I went to Schroders at 27, quai Anatole France 75007 Paris
I signed a mandate originaly prepared by Nigel in Channel Islands,
provided my ID card and evidence of residency in France.
All those papers were validated by Schroders in Paris
and posted to Guernsey.

I do hope that one day we will have a legal entity to help
the ccTLD managers to do our business, and as I certainly do not
wish to be signatory forever, I will be pushing AdCom and ccTLD to have
this legal entity happen.

If anyone of AdCom members wishes to be signatory, please
contact Nigel. It takes several days, but it works !
Schroders http://www.schroders.com/ has offices in all major
markets, businesses in 12 European, 8 Asian and 7 American countries,
Canada, US, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Japan, China,
Taiwan, Hongkong, Australia ...

Bottom line:

Bank Name:       HSBC BANK USA
Bank Address:    NEW YORK
Swift Code:      MRMDUS33
ABA:             021001088
Account Name:    SCHRODERS CI LIMITED
Account Number:  000122548

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO RECIPIENT BANK TO BE INCLUDED ON
TRANSFER INSTRUCTIONS :-

   "FOR FURTHER CREDIT TO NIGEL ROBERTS/CCTLD TRUST A/C;
    A/C NR. 130227139 CALL USD N002"

Elisabeth