wwTLD/ccTLD

wwTLD/ccTLD list archives

[cctld-discuss]

Re: [centr-ga] RE: [cctld-discuss] Ballot, Straw poll, selectionof European candidate, 3rd member of the ccNSO Launching Group

  • To: Chris Disspain <ceo@auda.org.au>
  • Subject: Re: [centr-ga] RE: [cctld-discuss] Ballot, Straw poll, selectionof European candidate, 3rd member of the ccNSO Launching Group
  • From: Nigel Roberts <nigel@isles.net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:57:37 +0100
  • CC: "'Paul M Kane'" <Paul.Kane@nic.ac>, cctld-discuss@wwtld.org, "'CENTR GA'" <ga@centr.org>, "'Alf Hansen'" <alf.hansen@uninett.no>
  • Sender: cctld-discuss-admin@wwtld.org

My understanding, based on what the ccTLD Constituency of the DNSO has
done in the past is that CENTR does NOT 'speak for Europe' -- but as a
neutral third party in the Region organises elections to which ALL ccTLD
managers in the region can participate.

That is certainly the mechanism used when I was initially selected as
ICANN ccTLD Constituency adCom rep for Europe a couple of years ago.

Nigel