World Wide Alliance of Top Level Domain-names
Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy for ccTLD
On 10 July 2000, Kilnam Chon called the ccTLD Constituency to work on
DNDRP for ccTLD.
Three points are suggested for consideration:
- To gather and analyze the present local dispute resolution
policy/mechanism of each ccTLD if any.
- To create a guideline for ccTLD dispute resolution policy.
- To recommend a few model arbitration processes and mechanisms.
These could be really helpful for more constructive
discussion and making more relevant arbitration system in each ccTLD.
International Organizations and Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policies
- The Arbitration and Mediation Center
of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
provides services for the resolution
of international commercial disputes between private parties.
These services includes Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy services for the gTLD such as .com/.org/.net,
used also by some ccTLD, such as .ac, .gt, .nu, .sh, .tt, .tv, .ws
for more information).
- The International Chamber of Commerce (ICCWBO) provides for
International Court of Arbitration and its Dispute Resolution Services.
- In Europe some works are underway to adapt in each country the WIPO UDRP to the
local law, and provide customers the choice of mediation or arbitration policy services.
Correspondance from WIPO and GAC
Present Local Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy for ccTLD
The ccTLD Constituency Workshop on DNDRP for ccTLD will be
held during ICANN Meetings in Los Angeles, 13-16 November 2000
(see ccTLD Meetings and Calendar of Events).
© ccTLD Managers
Page updated : 2003-07-21 23:25:54